Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nested and Ready

Ready for a play-by-play on the last few days? I've been checking things off my list like crazy, and I think it's pretty safe to say I'm ready for this little munchkin to make his debut.

There are only two events that it might be nice to get to before he comes. But, they definitely aren't a must. The first is hopefully a negative on the Strep B test. That's on Monday. I'd like to avoid antibiotics during labor if at all possible. The second thing is my prenatal massage. I mean, who wants to miss a massage? That's on the 13th, and as I've mentioned before, my massage therapist is going to hit specific pressure points to help get labor started. I don't know how effective it will be, but I think a massage is a pretty stinkin' nice way to get the ball rolling!

Okay, now for the last few days... Saturday was my family/local baby shower. It was fun to get so many people together, and our friends and family spoiled Wyatt rotten, ha ha. Good stuff. The day after the shower, once we knew where we stood in the gear department, we went to Babies R Us and pretty much bought out the rest of our registry. We left the stuff for older babies, but made sure we had everything we'd need for a newborn. It feels really good to know we're prepared. I also did a bunch of laundry and put away all the cute (and a couple not so cute, haha) outfits away in his drawers and closet. Feathering the nest, I suppose.

Yesterday, I made my last little pre-baby road trip. I drove down to LA to spend the day with Talitha (and baby Riley!) and have lunch with Andrea. It was great to spend time with my friends and enjoy a day of independence, knowing that the next time I go down to see them, I'll have a little one in tow. Talitha will be my doula for the birth, so the next time I see her will probably be when Wyatt comes! And it'll depend on Andrea's work schedule if that's when I see her, or if it's later. It's kind of surreal to think about.

The stats: I'm 36 1/2 - 37 weeks pregnant. That leaves 3 - 3 1/2 weeks until my due date. We're in the realm of "full term" now, so we're ready. Wyatt William Kuhns, come on down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was thinking about you and wondering how things were going. If you're up for another road trip before he comes, I'd love to hang out with you in Santa Barbara! :)

Shan Kat said...

I wish I could! But it was hard enough convincing Ryan I wasn't going to go into labor by Tuesday, ha ha. I have a feeling he'd frown on me being more than about 30 minutes from the hospital again until the little dude arrives. :)

Anonymous said...

That's totally understandable. And hell, I'm the last person a pregnant woman would want to be with when she went into labor. I'd probably pull a Fred and Ethel Mertz and leave for the hospital without you.