Saturday, March 8, 2008

Full Term (in Reverse)

Today, according to the furthest-off (and first) due date I've been given (3/29), I'm 37 weeks pregnant. That makes me full term. This is also the first weekend I haven't had plans in 6 weeks. In fact, I don't have anything on my calendar for the last 3 weekends leading up to my due date. I think that's part of the reason why I'm ready for this little guy to make his appearance. I had things going on all through the 3rd trimester that made the weeks fly, and now it's like I'm in a holding pattern. I've just blocked off a bunch of time and said "land here". And it's strange, because the closer I get to the due date, the further away it feels... like somehow I'm actually going backwards. Meanwhile, I think Ryan expects me to go into labor any minute now. Ah, the mystery of perceptions...

Big blingy diamond update: My fake ring lasted a week before turning my finger green. Way to go, Target. Jeez. So I think I'm just gonna go ringless until I pop this kid out. It was a nice idea, but clearly my real ring is the only ring for me. No cheap replacements for this married gal. (Insert sappy romantic sigh.)

No comments: