Thursday, March 27, 2008

Soon-to-be-Momma on Strike

I wonder if I just go on a blog strike, if this child will be stifled by all of my pent-up creative energy and feel the need to exit his comfy belly home. Until now, I've been ramping up. More and more frequent blogs as I sit in waiting for parenthood. (Might as well take advantage of the holding pattern, right?) Perhaps, instead, the key is to out-stubborn the kid. After all, I was frankly flabbergasted to wake up this morning after a rough night of tender, over-stretched skin, mild contractions and whirling thoughts to find I just had another day of waiting in store instead of a midnight dash to the hospital. My 3/29 due date may still be 2 days away, but come on. That's late in this family! (See my blog from a few days ago, "Bonus Points for Promptness".) So this will be my new strategy. No more blogs until I'm a Mom. All I really need is will-power, right? And you know I have that. Just ask my last diet. Oh, wait...

Yeah, you'll probably hear from me again soon, regardless. Doh.

No comments: