Monday, March 10, 2008

A Day in the Calm

Knowing this kid is coming soon, I think Ryan and I have realized we need to spend some time together before the big day. We had a pretty stinkin' great Sunday. It started with sleeping in. And you know that'll be a rare treat after Wyatt arrives. We vegged out together for the first part of the morning and then met Ryan's mom and dad at the country club for brunch. I had a nice healthy meal... but then I went back and got a waffle. Oops. :) It was heavenly. And we ate outside on the balcony, because the weather was just too perfect. After that, Ryan and I went golfing with his parents. I forgot how fun it is to drive a golf cart. Naturally, I wasn't attempting to swing a club around this ballooning belly, but the weather was so nice, and the golf course was so pretty... I wasn't the least bit bored as a spectator. We just did 9 holes, and then Ryan and I went to the movies. The movies. Another little something I'm sure will be a rare activity once we have a little one. We saw Semi-Pro. It was funny, but also kind of slow. Not Will Ferrell's best, in my opinion. But still, it was a big screen and a quiet theater. I figure I should cherish it, haha. We then picked up dinner and went home to relax a little more before bedtime.

Ah, a content sigh. This is the calm. The storm can't be far behind...

Same day update: I went to my prenantal appointment today. I'm only about 1/2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. So, yeah... like I said in my previous blog, it feels further away than ever...

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Mmm...waffles...

fruitlady said...

For the mama it does feel like time virtually stops the closer you get. Then that baby gets here and the days just seem to fly by. Enjoy your peace. It'll still be relatively peaceful after he comes, just not all that restful. ;-)

Ana Clark said...

Your Sunday sounds dreamy. I miss those quiet times!!! Have I mentioned I love reading your blogs.