Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Playing Footsie

I have strange feet. This is new, and of course, like everything these days, pregnancy related. I may have already mentioned that when my feet swell, it's really just my right foot. So I get one puffy foot and sexy cankle, and one normal foot. Well, my left foot was feeling a little left out. But like a twin (a topic I know well), my left foot wanted something else to set it apart. And so, my arch seems to be collapsing on the left foot. I'm getting one flat foot and one puffy foot. Way to go, feet! Way to set yourselves apart!

We have a full week and weekend ahead. Tonight, Ryan is taking a tactical firearms course with his dad. This is a hobby I wasn't particularly familiar with until I moved to Bakersfield. But what can I say? My husband digs special forces skills. At least I feel profoundly protected. :) Tomorrow night is our last childbirth class. I can't believe those classes are ending. I feel a little like I'm graduating from Pregnancy U. Then, Saturday is the local/family baby shower. As I mentioned in my last blog, I really can't wait for that! But we have a lot of family coming in from out of town, so it'll make for a full weekend, not just a couple hours at a shower.

It's nice to have a lot on our plates. It makes the time go faster, which is becoming one of my main priorities as I get a little more uncomfortable every day. :) It's really not miserable, exactly; it's just a little annoying. I'm reminded a little more every day of things I miss, like certain sleep positions, a refreshing alcoholic beverage and sushi. Knowing they're just around the corner makes me want them more!

The stats: I'm 35 1/2 - 36 weeks pregnant. Wyatt's due date is 4 - 4 1/2 weeks away. My dream would be to have him in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks, haha. And since I totally have control over that, I'm sure it'll go exactly as planned. (Insert naive 4-year-old grin here.)

No comments: