Monday, February 25, 2008

Gettin' Dolled Up

I got out of the shower this morning, looked in the mirror, and made a decision. I'm getting my hair done, and I'm getting it done today. What we see here is very similar to the need for a pedicure I mentioned a few days ago. I do, after all, still have my hair. In fact, it may actually be better than my pre-pregnancy hair. And so, let's improve it, shall we? Generally, my sister-in-law does my hair. She does an awesome job. But today, I just decided I wanted to pamper myself a little, and I wanted to do it last minute. So that means I have to pay the big bucks. :) And of course, the fact that my Bakersfield baby shower is on Saturday is another good reason to get rid of the drab dark roots. Yes? Yes.

Speaking of the baby shower, I'm really looking forward to it. I had an awesome one with my friends in LA just over a month ago. The one on Saturday will encompass both my and Ryan's families as well as my friends who live locally. The closer I get to my due date, the antsier I get about being prepared for a baby. I feel a little like I can't really finish nesting until I know where I stand in the baby gear department! Ryan and I will do a big trip to Babies R Us to buy whatever we still need after the shower. I'll probably drag him there the very next day.

I'm also going to start packing my hospital bag today. I'm sure we still have at least a couple weeks if not considerably more before Wyatt makes his debut, but every now and then, women go into labor early, so I feel like maybe I should be prepped for that, too. Yeah... like I said... nesting.
The stats: Today I'm roughly 35 - 35 1/2 weeks pregnant. That leaves 4 1/2 - 5 weeks until my due date. Anyone want to start a pool on when he's actually gonna come??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's four or five weeks away. Damn, that's close! I'll have to make it up to Bakersfield again sometime before Wyatt makes his appearance.

Shan Kat said...

Yeah, totally! :) And hey, the longer you wait, the higher your chances of getting in on the excitement when I go into spontaneous labor, haha.