Friday, April 4, 2008

The New Guy

I know as soon as I get going on this blog, my beautiful, much awaited son Wyatt will be waking up to eat. But we'll see how far I get... :)



The last time I wrote, I was in the early stages of labor. The stages where you can still communicate like a human being and do normal things like sit on a couch with a computer on your lap! Little did I know that it would be thirty-some odd hours later before I would actually meet Wyatt. It turns out, despite all my mind-over-matter will power to the contrary, I would have the kind of long labor they warn first-time moms about. And so, my March baby played the ultimate April Fool's Day joke on me by coming in April! Here are his vital statistics:



Wyatt William Kuhns

Born: 4/1/08 @ 1:34pm

7lbs 6oz, 20 1/2" long



He's a really good looking kid. He looks a lot like his daddy with light brown hair and big blue eyes. We're almost certain they will stay blue because Ryan and I both have blue eyes. Mine are a little greener now, but they didn't change until I was a teenager, so either way... He's also a really mellow little dude. It takes a lot to get him mad enough to really cry. He'll fuss if he's hungry or uncomfortable, but for now at least, it's just enough to get your attention. I think God knew I was going to have kind of a rough recovery physically, so He gave me a baby with a lot of patience. Now, I can't guarantee that he'll stay this way, but hopefully he will be at least long enough for me to get fully mobile again.



Well, I made it through my first blog as a mom without having my son wake up to eat. Pretty stinking impressive. I'm sure there will be more later, but for now, here's some eye candy to tide you over.


4 comments:

Nanette said...

So amazingly adorable! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow, he is really cute, especially for a newborn!

Liz Kuball said...

He gets cuter every time I see that picture. :)

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! Sorry it has taken me nearly a month to check in on you! Congratulations mama! You did it!