Thursday, January 28, 2010

7 Years to Live

11 weeks 5 days

Well, I'm 33 years old now. Yep, I had a birthday this week. Turning 33 isn't exactly a milestone year. It's just a little step deeper into my 30s. But it does remind me that this ladder eventually gets to 40, and that seriously freaks me out. I was 16 when my mom turned 40. That was not very long ago. I cannot possibly ever turn 40. Ever. :)

But, anyway, I had a really fantastic birthday. Ryan took off work, and we drove down to LA. Yes, I tend to spend special occasions in LA. I can't help it. I love LA. I spent the first 12 years of my adult life (yes, 18-30) there. Most of my closest friends are there, with a couple of exceptions. But those exceptions are like me - transplanted elsewhere, but LA girls at heart. I dragged Ryan downtown to Little Tokyo so I could get the spicy champon ramen I crave all the time. There isn't a single authentic ramen place in Bakersfield. The closest we get is Pho, which is good, but not the same. Then we saw Avatar on IMAX which was awesome. I know people have mixed reviews of the movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it - and enjoying myself was the whole point of going. :) After that, we met a few of my favorite people on the planet for dinner at Pizzeria Mozza on Highland and Melrose. Oh my goodness - so frickin' good. Seriously fantastic. Go there. But yeah, anyway, it was a perfect birthday.

In other news, I'll hit the magic 12 week mark on Saturday. Nothing really magical about it, except of course that it's the time when gals like me with morning sickness are supposed to finally get a reprieve. Mine has been waning substantially, but it'd be nice to say farewell for good. The belly is growing, and the waistline is disappearing, but I'm still not gaining weight, which rocks. But the pooch isn't exactly looking "with child" yet. It looks more "with ice cream". I do enjoy the 2nd trimester when the belly is more substantial, but isn't controlling your life yet. Looking forward to that, for sure.

So, to recap: I'm 33. My birthday was awesome. Ice cream. :)