Friday, January 23, 2009

Days Two - Five: Proof

It's been just under a week since I found out I'm having another munchkin. For the most part, I've just been walking around in a daze. The very beginning is kind of bizarre. I've been popping prenatal vitamins, cutting way down on caffeine, turning down wine at dinner, and, well, that's it. I haven't been all sick and miserable yet, which is great, but it also means the proof of my pregnancy is the digital display on a test that has already gone blank again. No proof. Well, until yesterday...

Yesterday morning, I went to clean up the first real dog mess since we got the puppy. My preggo nose caught a wiff and that was it. Sick. My husband came home from work for a bit just to clean up the mess and to take the puppy to work with him! He also brought me a decaf Starbucks. That's pretty high up there on the amazing guy scale, I think, eh? He's got how to pamper a preggie down to a science. After that, I went about my day, which included about a million errands. Wyatt was in and out of car seats, strollers and shopping carts all afternoon. One of those stops was to the Lab, where I had my official blood test done for the doc. Got my results back a couple hours later. Positive. Not that there was a question, but it always seems so much more real when the doctor tells you. So now I have my proof.

I'm also turning 32 on Monday, so there are a few little birthday things going on, including a visit from Andrea next weekend, which I'm really excited about! But nothing else related to the bun in the oven. In the 1st trimester, that's probably a good thing. Oh, and yesterday Wyatt learned how to say "Uh oh!". I don't think he actually knows what it means, but he says it all the time, which is pretty stinkin' cute. So that's where we're at. A happy little family with a whole lot to think about these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found some websites that have lots of unique kid birthday invitation, children birthday invitations and personalized kids birthday invitations at:

http://www.cardsshoppe.com/kid-birthday-invitation/
http://www.express-invitations.com/kid-birthday-invitation/
http://www.announcements-shoppe.com/Children-Child-Kid-Birthday-Party-Invitations-Announcements-Cards/productsList-4-1.htm

I have ordered from all of these different occasions and been very pleased. Take and look and see what you think.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations Shannon! You must be a fertile myrtle like me!
Looking forward to who you are having...Please post,
Sarah Cummins